Monday, June 9, 2014

Appendix Troubles

Tja!

Oh man time flies by! This last week was too quick it was ridiculous! BOOM!

Quote of the week,

Äldste Sahlin: "Why is he back in the hospital?"

Me: “His second appendix exploded as well."

Sahlin: "WHAT!!! I've never heard of that happening before!!!!"

Me:"Yeah it's pretty rare..."

So there was a missionary, Elder Schwabedissen, who had his appendix rupture. He felt prompted to go to the hospital before it happened actually and they helped him before any real damage could be done. He had been in and out of the hospital because of the surgery for the last couple of days.

So after we took him to the hospital for the fourth time this was the
dialog with Elder Sahlin (Swedish Missionary) and I. (He is doing super
well now, don't worry.)((And just so you all know... you have only one
appendix.))

This week has been super interesting. We have had missionary leadership meetings that Elder Moe and I were able to teach and lead in. (Which turned out pretty good surprisingly.) But after the meeting President Newell started interviewing all of the missionaries, because he will be leaving soon. So i had the pleasure to be in the chapel in Täby from 9:00 to 10:30 on Wednesday. That was a long day let me tell you. But luckily i was able
to be with my good buddies Elder Allsop and Faylor, so it turned out
alright.

Something i learned a lot this week was just one of those simple truths of the gospel, "To get and keep the Spirit." One thing about being in the
office, you simply get stressed and burned out. There are always problems to fix, missionaries to help and you also have to take care of the area you work in. So through this mess of things, I started to realize, I wasn't feeling good. I was so stressed from everything I couldn't feel the spirit. I realized at this point how important the spirit is to me, and how i needed to slow down and quiet simply get it back.

It helped me realize that no matter what is going on in our lives we need
the spirit to be with us. It gives us peace, happiness, joy, strength, and
guidance. Without it, it is like running through a dark forest without any
light. We will feel scared, sad and alone. We need it in our lives, like we
need air in out lungs, food in our stomach and blood in our veins.

I can testify that when we have the spirit with us, we can do anything. Do everything in your power to have it with you and i can promise your life will be filled with so much happiness and hope. I know this to be true. I love you all and hope that you all can "tar det lugnt." and feel the spirit more abundantly in your life.

Love,

Elder Haddon

No comments:

Post a Comment