Well Aloha!!!!!
It’s been such a long time sense I have been able to write
to you all, good night it’s been almost 4 whole days! This quote of week comes
from some missionaries yesterday at a fireside that we had set up for President
and Sister Beckstrand.
“Wow for it being the two biggest wards in Sweden invited to
this, it is quite a turn out.”
……….. 10 people showed up. Let’s just say it was a little frustrating
but what can you do! A drunk lady came in too, so that made things
interesting.
Anyway, last week I had the opportunity that not many missionaries
have to go to Denmark with the President for a P-day. It was fantastic! I was
able to see:
Hamlet’s Castle: This is the Castle that William Shakespeare was
writing about in his play
Hamlet. It was HUGE! It’s right on the coast of
Denmark facing Sweden, and it was made to fight those dirty Swedes.
Frederiksborg Castle: This is the Castle that has all of the World
famous Carl Bloch paintings of Christ. It was cool because they were all placed
in this small room with a desk/Alter thing, and this is where the Danish King
would meditate a pray. Had a super cool feeling there.
Vor Frue Kirke: This is one of the coolest placed I have
ever been. It is where the famous Christos statue is. What was cool about that
church was not only did it have this fantastic statue of Christ, but around him
they had all of the Apostles as well. It was so cool to see. (See Pictures.)
The Denmark temple: This Temple was sick, that is all I got to
say. It looks super small. But it’s pretty large. Don’t judge a book by its
cover!
But I was actually really fun to see those things, it was also
cool to see how much people really cared about Christ. It’s crazy the change
from those times to now. No one even cares about anything in Europe anymore.
But it gave me a real boost for missionary work to see that the love of Christ is
literally in their blood.
Not much time, but I love you all enjoy the pictures, and I really
do hope to hear from you next week!
Love,
Elder Haddon
No comments:
Post a Comment