So sorry, we were up at bear lake last week so I didn't post like usual, plus he didn't email until Thursday so first is Thursday's email, and then today's!
Kas ir līdz?
Herrrrow!!!! Nice to hear from you all just want to say I had a decent
amount emails from you all, so keep it up!
This week’s quote is from President Beckstrand, “Man I didn’t know Bilbo
Baggins could jump so high!” (See Picture. Enough said.)
The beginning of the week I was able to spend a good time with my to best buddies Elder Allsop and Faylor, at a fabulous place called “Tom Tits,” (It is like a science museum thing.) It was cool, for small children, but us three still had a blast. (Shows our level of maturity.)
We had the privilege to go to one of the units on Gotland. Gotland is a
larger island south of Stockholm. We went there to check on the small
branch there and see what is going on down there. It is one of the coolest places in Sweden because it was one of the largest Viking trading places. So it has these fantastic old buildings. It is quite a hit in the summer months. (See Pictures.)
We had to take a large boat there and back, and on the way back we got to the mainland around 11:00 and had a large leadership conference at 12:00. And we were about 1 ½ hours away from the meeting. SO that was stressful, I
was actually encouraged by the mission president to speed to get there. Butgot there and had a fantastic meeting with all of the Leadership of the mission.
Then on Saturday, we had the chance to drive to Göteborg, and go do some good work up there. That is where I started my mission so it was really cool to go back there. I actually had the privilege to go to church in my ward Kungsbacka, on Sunday. That was a fantastic experience, just being able to meet those people that I met first in Sweden, now being able to speak Swedish with them and to see how they are doing now.
One thing that I really sad about that ward, is several of the families
that I knew really well have gone less active, or written themselves out of the church. There was a man who went there who was actually a higher up leader in the church, who now goes around and is trying to take people away from the church. So I could tell the ward was a little beaten up, but was still fantastic to see them all.
We have been traveling all around to visit all of the wards in Sweden,
which has been a cool experience. Everytime we go there we get to go on splits, with the Elders there and it has been a really cool thing, to go
around and help build up some of these other areas. We’ve been able to on this tour with our exchanges get several baptismal dates, new
investigators, and help find less actives as well. So it has been a great experience to be able to work all over the place and simply help others EVERYWHERE come unto Christ.
I am so thankful to be a missionary and to be serving in Sweden. I
absolutely love this place.
Love you all,
Elder Haddon
Today:
Well… Hello there!
It has been a long time sense I have been able to write you all! Oh man!
(Sarcasm through email has never been one of my strong suits.)
But anyway one of the quotes of the week comes from one of our recent
converts Jeremie. (The discussion was on the topic, “Marriage.”) ”Do not rush for marriage, do not rush for kids, what you need is to be stable.
STABILITY! If you get married before you are stable, I will personally come to your wedding and when someone asks does anyone object. I will raise my hand high, and tell your future wife to find someone else! Believe me, frankly speaking I will do it!”
So if anyone thought I was getting married young….. Think again, Jeremie will not allow that!
Quote number two, comes from our dear missionary mom, Sister Beckstrand,”I just farted.”
….. Now I will explain. We were driving in Uppsala doing this mission tour, where we visit all of the units in Sweden. We drove by this biker who was just waving his arm all over the place behind him. I then said, “I don’t speak Swedish-sign language, I don’t know what that means.” Then about a
good 20 seconds after that, we hear sister Beckstrand say, “I just farted.”
We then both proceed to roll down our windows. As she is laughing
hysterically, trying to explain that the man’s arm gestures were indicating that he had passed gas, not that she had.
But anyway, sense the last time that I wrote, things have been going super well. We have had some time in our area finally and we are just working as hard as we can here. I can honestly say, I’ve never been so exhausted in my life, from traveling, training, then coming back and trying to take care of Täby as well. But I know that the Lord is blessing us for our efforts and that it’s what is necessary right now. We have had like 3 super new referrals that we are going to be working with, and it is something that I know is when we work hard, are obedient, the Lord blesses us. But I’ll keep you posted on all of those people next time!
Sorry it’s short but not much to report from 4 days ago. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love,
Elder Haddon
No comments:
Post a Comment